Friday, August 13, 2010

What I think about Skype...

I, the founder- Stephen Alred,  am writing this post on a whim. I see that many investors are not giving Skype much attention at the moment because of their not-so-high margins from their IPO filings. While I don't normally spotlight a company...I think I may add it into my subject matter. Mainly due to the fact people may wonder what a finance "professional" personally thinks about a specific company.

I think Skype is a great company. Not because of what they've done, or because it's the only reason that my company runs for as little required overhead as it could muster. I like it because they have a user base of 500 million plus, and they've only converted 6% to paying customers.

What I see in this, is a gold mine.

If Skype can just use a simple adsense revenue model, the most basic of basic, they could make quite a sizable amount of cash. I stay updated with tech blogs. And from what I'm reading, Skype is configuring new features that may be only accessed by premium users. With these two simple revenue sources they could significantly increase their bottom line, which would then eventually show up in the market's evaluation of their stock price. However, Skype won't do a simple adsense model, and the model that they come up with will undoubtedly bring in even more revenue.

Keep an eye on Skype, I think that they may surprise people with their five year numbers. As well as with their future financial performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment