Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What grinds my gears...

What grinds my gears is the "over-the-head" language that financial planners speak to their clients with. I feel like most of them have the same disease that the majority of college professors have...they believe that the client is there for them, not the other way around.

How wrong they are!

Clients of financial planners aren't required to employ a specific planner. The planner is there for the client, and should treat them as such. Talking over your clients' heads does make you sound smarter. Yet, it fails to accomplish the reason they are even there. Financial planners are there to teach and guide their clients. And if I remember correctly teaching and guiding requires simple explanations to complex problems. That's why if you've read this blog before, I try my best to convey certain theories and strategies in the most simplistic manner possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment