Saturday, September 4, 2010

A little trick with coupons

 A few weeks ago I was helping a family friend move in Tennessee. We were talking, and somehow got on the subject of how most people overlook coupons to save money. Then she gave me an idea that as a self-proclaimed personal finance whiz (aka I can always find a way to help someone cut costs without losing quality of living), I had never even considered.

Her idea was simple, yet genius. She told me to tell clients to buy a Sunday paper on Monday...

Easy enough, right? On Monday the $1.50 newspaper (when purchasing on Sunday) is sold for $1.00. If you do the math, purchasing two Sunday's newspapers on Monday will save you $1.00 on newspapers. And those two dollars spent could save you up to $50 in food per week. Think about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment